Saturday 15 October 2011



After a long hiatus, I am returning to this blog. It may change as various whims talk hold of me.

I am no longer a new New Yorker. So my avid exploration of new neighbourhoods has evolved into hanging out in favourite hoods for picnics, running, dancing, meeting friends, drinking, eating, meandering walks, seeing bands and watching the world go by. I hope to share some of these favourite spots with you.

I am still fascinated by people and communities and look forward to sharing what i come across with you.

For now, and until I buck up the courage to film strangers in the street, there will be photos. The one above is of the Indian community's annual parade down Madison Avenue, near my home. It was a feast of colour, celebration and music.

No comments:

Post a Comment